In 1942 Church House was established, and has been operating for seventy-five years as a local youth facility that also provides support to local families living within Bridgeton and surrounding areas in the East End of Glasgow.
In 1942 the local parish minister, Rev. Arthur Gray, started Church House in response to the poverty and deprivation in the area and the lack of opportunities for young people. Since then literally thousands of children and young people have been through our doors. Church House is one of Glasgow Presbytery’s four projects and congregations within presbytery are encouraged to forge special links with Churchy and offer their support.
Over the years, Church House has continued to grow, develop and thrive, providing a range of activities and programmes from its original base at Boden Street, Glasgow until July 2016 when we moved into a purpose built facility now at 22 Queen Mary Street, Glasgow.